All registered students and eligible staff are allocated a 1 Terabyte Microsoft One Drive.
Students please note that access to your One Drive will cease 3 months after you leave the University. See Advice to students finishing their degree
This guide is for Windows - if you are a Mac user see the attached guide at the end of the article
Save files or folders to OneDrive via Browser
1. Open browser > https://www.office.com/ > Sign in > Type full Roehampton email address
2. You will be directed to the Roehampton login page
3. Type your password and click sign in
4. Once logged in you will see your apps click OneDrive
5. Select Upload > Files or Upload > Folder
6. Select the files or folder you want to upload
7. Select Open or Select Folder
Note: If you don't see Upload > Folder, create a folder, and then upload the files to that folder.
8. To create a folder > + New > Folder > name the folder
Save a file to OneDrive using Office
1. Within Office e.g. Word: Select File > Save As > OneDrive – University of
2. Select Enter file name here and type a name.
3. Select Save
Note: The next time you open the Office app, you'll see your saved file in
the Recent list.
Save Files using the OneDrive Client
1. Open File Explorer
2. Select OneDrive – University of Roehampton
3. Here you can move files to the folder which will automatically upload to OneDrive
Note: Files will differ in the time it takes to upload depending on the amount of data
you are uploading.
4. You can check the progress of the upload in the system tray located at the bottom
right next to the time. Click the Blue cloud icon
5. You can also open the File Explorer folder from here by clicking Open folder or view
the Browser version by clicking View Online
You may also be interested in this OneDrive overview guide and help from Microsoft: