Endnote X9 upgrade
Important - This is for a personal license you can download onto 3 computers but not use concurrently. This is a unique license to you – please do not share.
Please back up your existing Endnote library
You do this by creating a compressed EndNote Desktop Library. A compressed EndNote Library incorporates your regular EndNote Library file (.enl) and its associated Data folder (.data) into a single file.
The compressed EndNote Library has an .enlx extension, and is smaller in size than the regular EndNote file (.enl) and its associated Data folder (.data).
• To create a compressed EndNote Library:
• Open your existing EndNote Library
• Go to File > Compressed Library. Leave the options as they are: Create, With File Attachments, All References in Library.
• Press Next, specify where you would like to save the file (should be the same location as your .enl file and .data folder), and press Save.
• You have now created a new compressed EndNote Library (.enlx).
Endnote X9 upgrade for UoR PCs
open Select Install.
This will prompt a request to the IT
services to seek approval for this request. You will be emailed when this has been
approved and installed onto your computer.
• To open Endnote and move your old library into Endnote X9.
• Type “Endnote” into Window’s search box – Bottom left of screen
• Click on Endnote
• You may be asked if want to download full version now – Select Yes
• Endnote will load in background
• Ignore all pop-up help and information screens.
• Go to Top Left of screen – File – Open New Library
• You will be asked to “Select a Reference Library” to open – Choose the saved compressed Endnote library you made earlier with an .enxl file extension.
• This will then load and will replicate your groups and structure as before with all the pdfs attached.